2021 Conference Topics - Sports Branch
Thank you to those who were able to attend the KRPA Sports Branch Round Table this year in Topeka! We had a wonderful conversation and I am very excited to see what 2020 has in store for us!
I wanted to follow up with what we discussed for 2021 KRPA Conference Topics! Below is the list I have written down as topics you would like to see next year:
- NAYS Certification How To
- Differences between Competitive and Recreational Sports
- How to Increase Participation in Recreational Sports: Successful Strategies
- Trends in Sports - National, Regional, State, and Local trends
- Senior Sports Programming
- Officials - KRPA Officials Initiative
- TeamSideline or other sports software
- LGBTQ Considerations in Youth/Adult Sports
- New Hire Expectations for Sports Programmers (for current students or new employees).
- Kansas Department of Labor - Contract or Seasonal/Part Time Employment Considerations
Don't see something on this list, or didn't make it to the round table? Feel free to comment below with your topic idea!
The Sports Branch Board greatly appreciates your help as we look to make our next conference the best one yet!
BRANDON STORTZ, AFO, CYSA
Recreation Manager, Sports Branch Chair
OTTAWA RECREATION COMMISSION
Goppert Building | 705 W. 15th St. | Ottawa, KS 66067
O: 785.242.1939 | F: 785.242.6634 | W: orcottawaks.org