Cunningham Recreation: Design • Build • Play!Partners with the Leaders of Play
Not sure where to start?

Check out our guide posts below to learn more about the Locker Room and how you can get the most out of it.

icon Fundamentals Button Forum Fundamentals icon Rules and Regulations Button Rules and Regulations
See what people are talking about...

Food Licenses for Small Concession Stands

We have the honor of operating an additional small aquatic facility again this summer. Has anyone found information that either requires or exempts a Food License for a concession stand which only serves packaged items (candy, jerky sticks, cheese crackers, etc.) but it doesn't prepare food items? The items don't require refrigeration or freezing. And, there aren't any unpackaged items touched by employees.

At the KS Dept. of Agriculture's site regarding food licensing, there doesn't appear to be any specific information about concession stands that only sell packaged, unprepared food.

Has anyone ever come across information about food licensing and small concession operations?

Thanks!

Ted Nelson, AFO

Hutchinson Recreation Commission

KRPA Wellness Branch Chair, Aquatic Branch Member

P: 620-662-3367 ext. 114

Comments

• Brandon_StortzBrandon_Stortz Junior Varsity

We looked into this at one point, and I believe we still needed to obtain a license. I don't have any documentation - just going off memory, so I could be wrong.

BRANDON STORTZ, AFO, CYSA

Recreation Manager, Sports Branch Chair

OTTAWA RECREATION COMMISSION

Goppert Building | 705 W. 15th St. | Ottawa, KS 66067

O: 785.242.1939 | F: 785.242.6634 | W: orcottawaks.org