Cunningham Recreation: Design • Build • Play!Partners with the Leaders of Play
Not sure where to start?

Check out our guide posts below to learn more about the Locker Room and how you can get the most out of it.

icon Fundamentals Button Forum Fundamentals icon Rules and Regulations Button Rules and Regulations
See what people are talking about...

Swim Band Policy

Cole.SurberCole.Surber Water Manager

Hey Everyone,

I am in the process of creating the policy handbook for the Aquatics Department at our new facility in Merriam. In the handbook I put a swim band/test policy that I have used in the past at another facility (YMCA) and would like to continue it at my new location. It was ultimately successful in tracking swimmers and non-swimmers for our lifeguard and management staff. This is the goal I see for this going forward, identifying those who can swim and those who can't, and avoiding certain save scenarios that could have easily been prevented just by knowing where you can and can't swim. I have attached the file to this and if you would check it out and give me feedback that would be much appreciated. I am meeting with our Park Advisory Board at the end of the month and would like some input from fellow aquatics professionals. If you like the idea, please tell me why. If you absolutely hate the idea, please tell me why. I am not sensitive and am just looking for as much perspective from outside sources I can before we meet.

Thank you!

Cole Surber

City of Merriam