Cunningham Recreation: Design • Build • Play!Partners with the Leaders of Play
Not sure where to start?

Check out our guide posts below to learn more about the Locker Room and how you can get the most out of it.

icon Fundamentals Button Forum Fundamentals icon Rules and Regulations Button Rules and Regulations
See what people are talking about...

Marketing Strategy

edited October 2019 in Marketing

Hey all... I have been struggling to come up with new ways to market our offerings. I feel like we do quite a bit, but have yet to see any real changes in participation. Below is what we currently do...Any suggestions or thoughts on improvement? Are we doing too much to where the message is being ignored?

1. New, more user friendly website.
  2. Facebook posts at 8, noon, and 4:30 daily - boosted for certain programs - shared to community group pages for important announcements.
  3. Facebook live/radio interview announcements for important events.
  4. Text message service with registration open, middle of registration, and deadlines.
  5. Constant Contact bi-monthly e-blasts. One is a monthly newsletter at the beginning of the month, the second is a list of upcoming deadlines in the middle of the month.
  6. Flyers at businesses.
  7. Newsletters to schools.
  8. 1/4 sheet flyers about next program(s) to current participants.
  9. Radio advertisements
  10. The school will push announcements to students Chrome books when asked.
  11. In house digital display.
  12. Yard signs with register now for "x" program(s) at schools.
  13. Banners with register now for "x" programs at facilities.
  14. Yearly Activity Guide
  15. New program punch card - buy 10 programs, get the 11th for free.
  16. Monthly discount for a program at bottom of Constant Contact e-blast.
  17. Contacting, by phone, past participants if they have not enrolled in a program.

I am sure I am forgetting something. I have considered doing quarterly tri-fold mailings as well.

Thanks in advance!

BRANDON STORTZ, AFO, CYSA

Recreation Manager, Sports Branch Chair

OTTAWA RECREATION COMMISSION

Goppert Building | 705 W. 15th St. | Ottawa, KS 66067

O: 785.242.1939 | F: 785.242.6634 | W: orcottawaks.org

Comments

• Brandon, it looks like you are doing a lot. I don't see what you are doing on the PR side such as news releases on new programs and events.

• JimmyKJimmyK Junior Varsity

Brandon,

I'm amazed at your list actually and took a few ideas for myself! I've added an Instagram account for us, along with Facebook. But am thinking about Snapchat for the younger crowd....and we don't have Twitter yet either. I've had a lot of success with social media.

But like I said, you're doing all you can!

Jimmy Kegin, CPRP, AFO

Assistant Director

Eudora Parks and Recreation