Hey all... I have been struggling to come up with new ways to market our offerings. I feel like we do quite a bit, but have yet to see any real changes in participation. Below is what we currently do...Any suggestions or thoughts on improvement? Are we doing too much to where the message is being ignored?
- New, more user friendly website.
- Facebook posts at 8, noon, and 4:30 daily - boosted for certain programs - shared to community group pages for important announcements.
- Facebook live/radio interview announcements for important events.
- Text message service with registration open, middle of registration, and deadlines.
- Constant Contact bi-monthly e-blasts. One is a monthly newsletter at the beginning of the month, the second is a list of upcoming deadlines in the middle of the month.
- Flyers at businesses.
- Newsletters to schools.
- 1/4 sheet flyers about next program(s) to current participants.
- Radio advertisements
- The school will push announcements to students Chrome books when asked.
- In house digital display.
- Yard signs with register now for "x" program(s) at schools.
- Banners with register now for "x" programs at facilities.
- Yearly Activity Guide
- New program punch card - buy 10 programs, get the 11th for free.
- Monthly discount for a program at bottom of Constant Contact e-blast.
- Contacting, by phone, past participants if they have not enrolled in a program.
I am sure I am forgetting something. I have considered doing quarterly tri-fold mailings as well.
Thanks in advance!
BRANDON STORTZ, AFO, CYSA
Recreation Manager, Sports Branch Chair
OTTAWA RECREATION COMMISSION
Goppert Building | 705 W. 15th St. | Ottawa, KS 66067
O: 785.242.1939 | F: 785.242.6634 | W: orcottawaks.org